Harvey Street Kids is an American animated comedy television series developed by Emily Brundige for DreamWorks Animation Television, and is based on comic book characters from Harvey Comics. The series is also produced by Aliki Theofilopoulos and Brendan Hay. It premiered June 29, 2018 on Netflix.
From long kickball games to the many flavors of trucked ice cream to an impressive climbing tree, most days on Harvey Street feels like a vacation. Audrey, Dot and Lotta are BFFs and the street's guardians. They try to keep Harvey Street great and start wild afternoon adventures.
Cast and characters
- Stephanie Lemelin as Audrey
- Kelly McCreary as Dot
- Lauren Lapkus as Lotta
- Atticus Shaffer as Melvin
- Grey Griffin as Lucretia/Frufru/The Bow
- Danny Pudi as Tiny
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Fredo
- Roger Craig Smith as Pinkeye/Bobby the Elder/Billy the Skunk/Barry Mudderson
- Jamaal Hepburn as Gerald
- Anna Camp as Chevron
- Dee Bradley Baker as Raccoons
- Chris Diamantopoulos as additional voices
- Joey McIntyre, Nick Lachey, Joey Fatone, and Shawn Stockman as Crush4U
- == Season 1 (2018) ==
- The character designs and the characters' personalities for the series, are completely different than the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons, as well as the Harvey Girls comic books.
- Audrey, Lotta and Dot also wear more contemporary clothing, which is quite different when easily compared to their iconic 1930's outfits.
- Unlike the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons, and the Harvey Girls comic books, Harvey Street Kids is set in the 2010's (based on the kids' use of tablets and the internet).
- This series appears to be wackier, cartoonier and a lot more slapsticky than the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons ever was.
- Each episode title features either the face of one of the girls or their team symbol, similar to classic cartoons showing the face of a character to show who the star is, before the episode's name appears. In this case, if an episode focuses on either Audrey, Dot, or Lotta, that girl's face will show. If it doesn't have a particular focus, it shows their symbol.
- Harvey Street itself, as well as its founder is named after Harvey Comics.